A major highlight for Kristen in 2016 was being awarded the Queensland Junior Sportstar of the Year at the Queensland Sports Awards in Brisbane.
She has recently again been selected to be part of the 2017 Queensland Sailing Team training monthly in Brisbane.
In July 2017, Kristen has been selected to represent Australia at the Laser 4.7 Youth World Championships in Belgium, which is a great honour. She will then also compete at the O’pen Bic World Championships in Italy where she hopes to retain her Female World title for a 6th year in a row.
Kristen loves being a part of the Bear Foreman Foundation family.
International and World Competitions:
- U16 Girl’s World Champion, World O’pen Cup Championships, St Pierre Quiberon, France (for a fifth year in a row), 2nd overall in a fleet of 126 International Competitors (July 2016).
- World Team Champions, World O’pen Cup Championships, St Pierre Quiberon, France (12 Nations, undefeated after 26 rounds) (July 2016) .
- U16 Overall World Champion and Girl’s World Champion, World O’pen Cup Championships, Melbourne Australia (Dec15 /Jan16).
- Women’s Queensland Laser 4.7 Champion, Queensland Laser State Championships – Keppel Bay Sailing Club Yeppoon (Apr 2016).
- Queensland Youth Week, 1st Place Girl’s Laser 4.7, Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron, Brisbane (July 2016)
- Queensland State O’pen Bic Champion (U16 2016), Southport Yacht Club
- Queensland Youth Championships, Yeppoon, Laser 4.7 2nd Overall (Sept 2016), 1st Girl
- Atherton High School Sailing Team member
- School Teams Racing 2nd North Queensland Champions, Townsville (Feb 2016)
- 1st Laser, North Queensland Games, Tinaroo (June 2016)
- Tinaroo Sailing Club Regatta (2016) 1st Laser
- Tinaroo Sailing Club Champion (2016) Laser 4.7
- Townsville Sprints Regatta, 1st Laser (Oct 2016)
- May Day Regatta, 1st TSC (2016)
2016 North Queensland Sportstar of the Year (for a third year in a row, Oct 2016)
- 2016 Selected as one of 6 Finalists at the Queensland Sports Awards for Junior Sportstar, Brisbane (for a third year in a row) Nov 2016
- 2016 Selected as a member of the Queensland Sailing Team (Apr 2016).
- 2016 – Junior Sports Star of the Year, Tablelands Regional Council (for a third consecutive year) Jan 2016.
- Academic Excellence Award received (Yr 10) Atherton State High School (Oct 2016)
- Atherton State High School Sports Awards (2016)
EVENTS in 2017
- Laser National Titles, Adelaide, 27 Dec to 4 Jan 2017
- Laser Youth Championships, Adelaide, 10 to 14 Jan 2017
- Manly Sailing Club, Women’s Challe nge (invited to attend) Sydney, Feb 2017
- Laser Queensland State Titles, Mooloolaba, 25/26 March 2017
- Queensland Youth Week, Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron, June/July 2017
- Laser 4.7 Youth World Championships, Nieuwpoort, Belgium, 16 to 24 July 2017
- Queensland Youth Camp, Yeppoon, Sept 2017
- Queensland Youth Championships, Keppel Bay Sailing Club, Sept 2017
- Townsville Sprints Regatta, October 2017
- ISAF Sailing World Cup, Melbourne, Nov 2017
- Sail Sydney, Sydney Dec 2017
- Queensland Sailing Team Training in Brisbane (Once per month trip to Brisbane for training and $700 Membership Fee)
Kristen’s main goals for 2017:
Do well at all regattas, focusing on the National Titles and World Championships in Belgium. Be an integral member of the Queensland Sailing Team.
Kristen’s Achievements for 2018:
Competed in the World Championships and Belgium this year, has moved up a class in her category. She was part of the Australian Team who came first place. She has had interest from Australian National Coach and her goal is the Olympics.
Become a fully qualified Sailing Australia Instructor and obtain my boat Licence (when I turn 16 years old).